Another month has passed and here I am with another monthly recap. March was not a very good month either. I think I can blame it on my exams, honestly. They took up so much of my time and as you will see ahead, I read almost nothing. Nada. Zilch. I think I only read three? Four? I don’t even remember. Anyways, let’s dive right into it!
Books I read
The second book in The Aurora Cycle completely shattered me. It left me staring at my ceiling for at least fifteen minutes. I hate it so much when authors end their book like that. Who relates?
I don’t think I will ever get over that ending. I need the third book…like, yesterday. I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS. Aurora Burning broke my heart, stomped on it…thrice, and walked away with a smug smile.
AND OMG DID Y’ALL SEE THE THIRD BOOK’S COVER????!!!!! I’M SO EXCITED AAHHHH!! But in all seriousness though, the title scares me. A lot. Aurora’s End. That can literally mean so many things. The more important thing is THAT FINIAN IS ON THE COVER AND I’M SO HERE FOR IT. HE DESERVES IT 😌
I re-read this book to prepare myself for the Netflix show. I’m planning to finish this series before April 23rd, and so far, it’s mediocre. I’m hoping it gets better as it progresses. I might even read King of Scars too if I end up liking it, because it has Six of Crows characters too and I need to read about them again. I miss them too much 😭
You can read my review for this book here.
These Feathered Flames is one of the two ARCs I’ve read this month. I have a lot of thoughts about this one, most are positive ones. I didn’t expect to like it as much as I did. The queer representation was the sweetest thing ever. I also think I have a strange obsession with heartbreaking endings because this one ended me.
Do ever feel broken inside but don’t shed a single tear? That’s exactly what this did to me.
I will be posting my review here soon so stay tuned for that if you want to read my thoughts!
The second ARC I read this month was Unwritten by Alicia J. Novo. Firstly, can we just take a minute to admire this magnificent cover? I mean, look at it. Just look at it. I can’t get enough of it.
And the plot? It revolves around a place where all the fictional characters from the stories we’ve read, live. HOW COOL IS THAT?? You can meet all your favourite characters! That’s every reader’s dream, honestly.
My review of Unwritten will be posted soon too, so look out for that! (I also have a very special post planned for this book, which I’m so excited for!)
This month’s posts
Posts by other bloggers I enjoyed
- Are you a fellow Aquarius? Then make sure to check out this amazing list of books Alex @ The Scribe Owl came up with, that an Aquarius would love!
- Aanya @ Soaring Firebolt delivers a heart-wrenching poem clapping back at all the bullies, and it’s definitely something everyone needs to read!
- Phoenix @ Books with Wings enlightens us with her thoughts on teens in YA, and I was nodding my head all the way.
- Abby @ Beyond the Read provides us with resources to #StopAsianHate and shares a few 2021 YA releases by AAPI authors!
- Katie @ Whispering Pages indulges us in her rating system, and what she thinks makes an amazing book!
Quote of the Month
This month I decided to add a little section in my monthly recaps called ‘Quote of the Month’ where I pick a single quote from all the books I’ve read in that month that was either my favourite, or I related to the most.
This month’s quote is-
“…home doesn’t have to be where you were born. You can create yours wherever you choose.”Unwritten by Alicia J. Novo
- After my exams ended, I desperately wanted to watch something on Netflix. So I was surfing, and I came across ‘The Umbrella Academy’, and I’m like. “ooh let’s watch this!”, and basically, I ended up loving it! Has anyone here watched it? If you have, please let me know in the comments!
So I can spam you with a billion questions.
- Bullet journaling is something I’ve been wanting to do since I was eleven years old, but I never ended up maintaining it 😂 I want to try again, so if anyone has any tips please let me know! I would really appreciate it!
- Okay, so technically this is not an update, neither is it related to my life, but just for my knowledge, what are some branches of mythology you really enjoy reading? For example, Greek, Roman, Norse, anything at all. Make sure to let me know! Thanks!
Anyway, that’s all for today! I might post my April TBR too in a few days, depending on my mood. What are some books you want to read in April?